Here I collect and share all my favorite tools that I use to create my online courses. (Disclaimer: few of the links are affiliate links.) I’ll update this list from time to time.
Best online course platform
This was the topic that I initially researched the most. I settled with Teachable and I’m so, so happy that I did so. It’s a great online course platform that makes your life easier.
- Budget solution: Blue Yeti Microphone ($129)
- Semi-pro solution: Audio-Technica BPHS1 Headset ($199) + Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface ($149) –» I use this combo, right now.
- iPhone SE 2020 — it has a nice enough camera to get started — or whatever smart phone you have
- Nikon D3400 Camera ($497) + Mini-HDMI-to-HDMI adapter ($10)
- Parrot Teleprompter
- Camtasia ($249) –» not great, not terrible. It’s good for recording. For editing, it’s a bit buggy, but I outsourced editing in the last few years anyway.
- Gimp (open-source PhotoShop clone)
- Mailchimp for email marketing and email automations
- Zapier for creating better automations across all my tools
- WordPress for blogging and content marketing
- Deadline Funnel for creating deadline funnels
Communication with students
You’ll find the same list with more explanation in this Medium article of mine: Best tools to create online courses.
If you liked this list and want to read more like this, join my newsletter list. I’ll notify you when I publish something new.